Monday, June 11, 2007

Submerged

(sketch removed)

Sinking. How does it feel to sink, relenting to the pull of the tide, the waves..

Trapped in a rectangular space. Filled up to the head with water. Water that is tasteless, water that bubbles at the point of your nostrils.

Wave. Waving at me. Change. The colors are changing.

Blue. Cobalt. Refracting lights. Pale lips. Wide-open eyes, glassy. I can't get hold of the lights.

I am swallowing water. I am taking in deep breaths. I want to fill my lungs with water, so that I don't have to breathe anymore.

And the endless ocean. At world's end. No such thing. I wished I never knew. I wished I never came. For it is endless, ceaseless, forever out of reach.

And Myself. I watch as the me I saw underwater float lifelessly, with wide-open eyes, glassy and hopeless.

It is better that way. To ignore and drift, watching Myself than to watch Her turn into something else entirely alien.

No comments: